Friday, July 11, 2008

Sleep or write?

I'm having a little trouble managing my time these days. Out of every three hours, approximately one of them is devoted to nursing, supplemental feeding and using the breast pump to prepare for the next feeding. I spend a large part of my day with my boobs hanging out. (If there were ever a time to get comfortable with my body, this is it!) But that means I have to decide what to do with the rest. Lots of times it's eat, shower, change D's diapers, soothe him, talk to him, etc. But at least once a day, gloriously, he slips off into a two hour nap, and I am faced with the dilemma: sleep or write?

The logical person in me screams, "Sleep! You idiot!" But I've got stuff buzzing through my head, and it wants to come out. I also crave gardening--what there is of it this year. I just want to get outside with my watering can and tend to my pathetic little basil shoots.

It's the same thing in the evenings. D gets really sleepy around 10 pm (for now, at least) and it provides T. and I a chance to watch a movie and have some 1:1 time, but I know that the darkest hours are just around the corner, and I'm going to be awake for some of them.

No comments: