Thursday, July 24, 2008

Are you in there, god?

Just a few thoughts to post in a moment in between ...

Watching D's face is fascinating. I never get tired of it, even when he's cranky and showing all his gums in a wide-mouthed cry. It's like his face has all the pre-sets for emotions, even though he doesn't really know what those emotions are yet. His expressions cycle through happy, perplexed, disgusted, one after the other. I can't wait until he genuinely is smiling back at me.

And though I've never been a religious person (except when I was 12 and scared of Satan and ghosts, and so slept with a crucifix under my pillow), there are moments with D. that convince me god is really is some old guy sitting up on a cloud watching all us silly people. Like when I was rushing to get out of the house to run some errands the other day. D was full of breastmilk, and each time I tried to buckle him into his carseat, the pressure on his tummy made him projectile vomit all over himself. After two clothing changes, I decided I just needed to wait a few minutes. If god really is an old dude on a cloud, he really thinks projectile vomit stunts are hilarious.

3 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

i think this story of projectile vomits is hilarious! awe, D!!

p.s..
thought of you immediately and wanted to forward this to you if you haven't seen this already. peeping at these images made me immediately think of you and s.

http://www.michaelpollan.com/index.htm

sorry the last post had a gramatical error... ehh.

Jen said...

and then i spelled grammatical wrong.