Saturday, March 12, 2005

Strangest Dream

I've told many people about this dream, but can never remember the details as I'm telling it (dreams are like that). The good thing is that I wrote the dream down in my journal, right after I dreamed it. Here's the entire thing, from start to finish.

I was a young asian girl. I fell out of a high-rise and into the the ocean below. As I was falling, I prepared myself for the shock of the water. I swam to land, through a canal between high buildings. There was a team of divers, with fins and gear all swimming to shore. I yelled to them for help, pulling on their legs when they ignored me. They were deaf: smiling but unhelpful.

I got to land and there was a man there. There were many children with him. He might have been a teacher. He asked me what had happened, and I told him I had just swam from Canada to the United States. (By this time, I was myself and not an asian girl.) He offered to give me a ride, and I got into his car. I was dripping wet. He left the children behind. His car was an orange gremlin and he turned the wheel very gingerly as he backed out of the lot.

Along the way, we passed a woman with a suitcase. She was wearing orange high heels and looking miserable. She was walking in the opposite direction with a squirt gun in her hand.

As were were driving, all of a sudden these animals came up behind us. There were dozens of them. They looked like a cross between a wolve and a kangaroo. They were moving very fast and passing us, but going in the same direction. Next, came these long, tall flowers. Uprooted and passing us too. They were menacing, a sign of something gone wrong.

The man told me that the woman in orange heels had predicted this. Her squirt gun was to protect her from the flowers. She was a prophet and everyone had thought she was crazy.

I looked in someone's house to see if people were taking notice. They were watching television and talking on the phone.

Then I noticed a big field and a crowd of people standing there, looking up at the sky. That's when I noticed that the sun was black and bloody. I said to myself, "oh my god, it's judgement day."

Then I woke up.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Creepy dream; very David Lynch. And for some reason it also reminds me of the Salvador Dali dream sequence from Hitchcock's "Spellbound." Why the recurring motif of orange, do you think?