Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A room with a view













The view from my office.

I was wrong. I thought the first day leaving D. at daycare would be the hardest, and every day after that would get easier. But yesterday, I skipped out after leaving him in the arms of a caregiver, turned up the radio in my car and blissed out to a Pixies tune at full blast on the way to the office.

The first day was nothing. But every subsequent day, it's getting harder. I closed my eyes tight this morning to keep the tears from spilling out.

The view from my office is stunning. On sunny days, the light pocks the surface of the Columbia River with white. I watch trains pass over the bridge on their way to Seattle or Spokane. But it turns out the limited, never-changing view from D's room, is more interesting to me.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aw. Hang in there, dude. I've heard it gets easier eventually. I didn't know the view from your office was so lovely!

Pamela said...

Thanks, E.

T and R said...

I'm wondering if I'll be feeling the same way this time next week. I bet D is loving it though...different toys and things to look at (maybe not as good as your office view though). :)