Monday, September 11, 2006

The most important thing I have to do today: a book meme

Via Elizabeth:

1. One book that changed your life: Writing Down the Bones, by Natalie Goldberg.

2. One book that you've read more than once: The House of Mirth, by Edith Wharton.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: His Dark Materials trilogy, by Phillip Pullman (it's technically three books, but oh well)

4. One book that made you laugh: High Fidelity, by Nick Hornby.

5. One book that made you cry: The Color Purple, by Alice Walker .

6. One book that you wish had been written: The book that I will write someday. But if it were already written, I'd just have to write another one.

7. One book you wish had never been written: The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand

8. One book you're currently reading: Undaunted Courage, by Stephen Ambrose

9. One book you've been meaning to read: Other Electricities, by Ander Monson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a good laugh about the fact that you wish The Fountainhead had never been written.

I attempted to read Undaunted Courage a couple of years ago. I liked it, but then I stalled out somewhere after reading about the portable soup and Dr. Rush's Thunderclapper Pills.

I should try picking it up again.

Elizabeth said...

I like your choice of His Dark Materials for a desert island - that series is so awesome. I've got to read it again.